Are you trying to eat more plant based foods? Are having trouble consuming enough fruits and vegetables in the day?
One way to add more fruit and vegetables into your diet is to juice your favorite fruits and vegetables. I love to have one in the morning because it jump starts my day. It is a good way to replace your morning coffee. Since the juice is already broken down, your body assimilates the nutrients easily and quickly. I always feel a surge of energy after drinking a fresh glass of juice.
When I juice I prefer to keep the ratio of fruit to vegetables at around 3 to 2. That way the sweetness of the fruit overpowers the earthy vegetable flavors.
Here, I have rounded up 5 delicious raw juice recipes. For more juicing recipes, check out my smoothies and juicing section.
- Green Drink – This is my favorite go-to green drink. This juice will get you going in the morning. Green apple adds a sweet, but tart flavor.
2. Orange Drink – This juice tastes like an Orange Julius. It has an unexpected ingredient that you would not think to include in a juice…
3. Tangerine Ginger Juice – This is a simple, 3 ingredient drink. The tangerine and ginger are the predominant flavors here.
4. Watermelon Cucumber Drink – Lime adds a touch of citrus flavor to this fruity drink.
5. Honeydew and Cucumber Green Drink – A great drink when honeydew melons are in season. This is light and refreshing.
*Caution… affiliate links ahead. Not to worry, it just means that if you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission and I will probably buy some more kitchen gadgets.
Here is my current juicer, a Bella. If you are planning on juicing occasionally, this one is a good one to get. It is not as powerful as some, which is reflected in the price. Since I go through juicing phases, I like this one.
Before the Bella, I had a Champion. It is more powerful than the Bella. If you want to get serious about juicing, this is a good one to get.