These guilt free vegan Apple Nachos will not only satisfy your sweet tooth, but provide you with a healthy treat!
Today it has been pouring all day.* For many people that would be a bad thing. For us Tucsonans that is a wonderful thing, because we have well over 300 days out of the year that are sunny.
On a side note the urban dictionary definition of a Tucsonan is: anyone who has ever spent a Summer in Tucson without leaving. That cracked me up when I read it. (The Summer’s here are 100°F and above.)
Even though I don’t like to do a photo shoot on days like today, I thought it would be worth it because I was aching to make these Apple Nachos.
When I get an idea in my head, it is hard to extract it. I just figured I would find the window with the most light and shoot these gems on a beautiful mesquite table next to it.
These Apple Nachos are pretty much guilt free, with only a little chocolate, peanut butter, pecans, and coconut oil. I literally ate this whole plateful for lunch! If you are looking for an even healthier fun snack, try my Coconut Peanut Butter Apple Pizzas.These Vegan Apple Nachos are a healthy indulgent treat! Click To Tweet
*Yep, you guessed it! Those are affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through those links, I will receive a small commission.
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, divided
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 lemon, juiced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Melt peanut butter with 2 teaspoons coconut oil in microwave until melted.
- Melt 1 tablespoon chocolate chips with 2 teaspoons coconut oil in microwave until melted. Check every 30 seconds or so, stirring each time.
- Slice apples into skinny wedges. Sprinkle lemon juice on them if not serving right away. This will prevent browning.
- Arrange apple wedges on a plate and drizzle peanut butter mixture and chocolate mixture over the top. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips, chopped pecans, and coconut flakes on top.
*Disclaimer – Many times I write my posts way in advance, so those of you living in Tucson, you don’t need to comment that it has been sunny all day. This was actually written in January!