This chocolatey Camping Cocoa with Vodka is light and refreshing. It is the perfect camping treat!
When I go camping I usually either forget something or I run out of something. During my recent camping trip to Colorado I had a bottle of vodka that I was drinking with pineapple orange juice. As usual, I ran out of something – the juice. Being at my campsite and not close to civilization, I perused the kitchen box to see what else I could mix with my vodka. This Camping Cocoa with Vodka was the result. You could use cacao powder, cocoa powder, or a cocoa mix as well, and adjust the sugar as needed. I always buy unsweetened almond milk, so I added sugar to make this cocktail sweeter. You could drink this hot or cold.
When I go on a road trip I like to pack food in mason jars, because they are more secure than reusable plastic containers. I took advantage of having an empty jar, and made a sun tea. On this same trip I also made a Camping Sangria, which was made in a mason jar as well.
Camping Cocoa with Vodka
- 1-2 Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice tea bags (depending how strong you like your tea)
- 6 oz. water
- 2 oz. vodka
- 3 oz. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar (or other sugar)
- 1 12 oz. mason jar
- Put tea bags into mason jar. Pour water 1/2 full into jar over tea bags. Add two small spoonfuls of sugar. Leave in the sun for several hours.
- Pour almond milk 1/4 way up mason jar. Pour vodka a little less than 1/4 in jar. Add ice or heat in a pan on stovetop.