These vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats are perfect for traveling. They fill you up for hours and they are portable.
I just got back from seeing a concert out of town. As usual, I packed food for myself, in case there wasn’t much available for someone on a gluten free vegan diet. I packed this Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats for my breakfast. It was the first time that I packed an overnight oats. Usually, I bring a protein bar or smoothie. After having overnight oats, I decided it would be my new go-to breakfast for traveling.
I love how easy to make and filling overnight oats are. I wasn’t hungry for hours. Even with my protein packed smoothies, I am usually hungry a couple of hours later. Not with this! I added chia seeds for even more protein and fiber. Maybe I need to start adding chia seeds to my smoothies…
For photo purposes, I made this in a 12 oz. jar, then transferred it to an 8 oz. mason jar. I don’t recommend making it in an 8 oz. jar, because it is a bit too crowded for this, and makes stirring difficult.
If you like chocolate and peanut butter as much as I do, you will love this! You can swap out the cacao powder for cocoa powder, if you need to. I personally love cacao powder and cacao nibs because they are so good for you. Cacao nibs are more bitter than dark chocolate, but added to an overnight oats like this, they blend in nicely.
*Yep, you guessed it! That’s an affiliate link below. If you make a purchase through that link, I will receive a small commission.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup soy or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Put all ingredients except cacao nibs in a 12 oz. mason jar. Stir to combine. Let sit in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, stir again, and top with cacao nibs.
If you like this recipe, check out my ebook! It has over 25 vegan gluten free recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Some of the recipes included are:
- Maple Chipotle Black Bean Lettuce Wraps with Mango Salsa
- Loaded Vegan Nachos
- Vegan Teriyaki Reuben with Spicy Thousand Island Dressing
- Spicy Chickpea Scramble
- Chickpea Salad Sandwich with Vegan Tzatziki
- Gluten Free Vegan Tempura
- Roasted Cauliflower Sandwich with Red Pepper and Black Olive Tapenade
- Spaghetti with Vegan Meatballs
- Spinach, Tofu, and Pine Nut Enchiladas