When I think of St. Patrick’s Day, I think green. I have yet to make some traditional Irish dishes, so instead I am going to give you some of my healthy green vegan recipes for St.Patrick’s Day.
1. Green Drink – This drink is great for an energy boost. Each of the ingredients also happen to be green. Don’t let the color scare you – this drink is sweet because there’s more fruit than vegetables.
2. Kale Chips with Nutritional Yeast – In my opinion, this is one of the best ways to eat kale. The nutritional yeast adds a cheesy taste, and is high in B vitamins.
4. Pizza with Spinach Pesto – Okay, so the pizza pictured here could be even more green: top with green peppers, green olives, and broccoli.
7. Vegan Frozen Dessert – This has only three ingredients, and the dessert is colored with a natural dye that is good for you.
8. Natural Green Beer – Okay, I know beer isn’t considered healthy, but the natural dye I used for this beer is.
*Check out my St. Patrick’s Day Recipes Pinterest board for more links to vegan recipes and ideas from around the web. For those of you who are gluten intolerant, like me, check recipes for ingredients. I strive to include recipes on my Pinterest boards that are not only vegan, but gluten free as well (or at least can be made with substitutions).