These healthy Low Carb Vegan Almond Cookies are a delicious low carb treat that you don’t have to feel guilty about!
First, I have to admit that I am not a big dessert person, so you will not find as many dessert recipes on Create Mindfully as other types of recipes. Second, these Low Carb Vegan Almond Cookies are the very first cookie recipe that I have created – ever!
Not only do I love how these came out, but I came up with them on my birthday. I have to say that I am pretty happy with myself.
It was the highlight of my day to have a successful cookie recipe. Last year for my birthday, I made a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mug Cake. That was a good day too.
The reason that these are low carb (and sugar free) is because I have been eating low carb for a few months. (Some of my recent posts are still high carb because I have a large back log of recipes waiting to be posted.) Since I have been drinking very little wine, I have been craving desserts. Whenever I drink less wine, I crave more sweets.These healthy Low Carb Vegan Almond Cookies are a delicious treat! Click To Tweet
These Low Carb Vegan Almond Cookies could be called triple almond cookies because they have almond butter, almond extract, and almond flour.
I have noticed that when you use certain flavors, like almond extract and cinnamon, you don’t need as much sweetener. I used erythritol to sweeten these, but not a lot. Sometimes I use stevia in place of sugar, but to me erythritol tastes more like sugar, so it is a good substitute.
Low Carb Vegan Almond Cookies
*Makes approx. 18 cookies
- 1 cup almond flour (super fine or the meal/ flour – both work)
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 4 teaspoons erythritol
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 teaspoons slivered almond (2 per cookie)
- Preheat oven to 350ᵒ.
- Mix all dry ingredients. Add almond butter and wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Scoop tablespoonful sized balls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Flatten and add two slivered almonds per cookie. Bake at 350ᵒ for 20-25 minutes or until golden.