This Mango Banana Berry Smoothie Bowl Pizza has a sweet granola bar crust. It is a perfect way to cool off morning or night!
Pizza For Breakfast
After coming up with a Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert Pizza a few weeks ago, I still have pizza on the brain. So I just had to make another pizza recipe.
I wanted a slightly healthier pizza that could be eaten for breakfast. This Mango Banana Berry Smoothie Bowl Pizza is what I came up with. Since it is getting hotter by the day here in Tucson, I also wanted something frozen or partially frozen to cool me off.
This breakfast pizza is perfect for brunch on a hot Summer day. Or if you are like me and want something to cool you off at the end of the day, you could eat this for dessert. I eat my breakfast recipes pretty much any time of the day.
Granola Bar Crust
I decided on a granola bar crust to add some sweetness. I figured a granola pizza crust was perfect because every smoothie bowl needs some granola, right!
For the sauce I made a thick mango banana berry smoothie (the consistency of a smoothie bowl). I topped it with fresh strawberries, raspberries, frozen banana, frozen mango, coconut chips and chia seeds.
The reason I chose frozen banana and frozen mango to top the pizza is because I wanted a really cold bite. Frozen bananas are a staple in my house. I use them in my daily smoothie, and I sometimes eat them with cacao nibs, frozen raspberries, and coconut flakes for dessert.
How to Make a Smoothie Bowl Pizza
This Mango Banana Berry Smoothie Bowl Pizza is really easy to make. First, you soak some dates to soften them up. Then, you mix in some rolled oats, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and some coconut oil, and spread the mixture in a pie crust pan. Bake the granola bar crust and let it rest.
For the smoothie bowl you just mix the ingredients in a Nutribullet or blender. Spoon the smoothie ingredients on the crust and freeze for a half an hour. Add your toppings and voilà, you have a smoothie bowl pizza!
Other Breakfast Recipes to Try:
- Mocha Almond Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Chia Pudding
- Soy Chorizo and Tofu Breakfast Tacos
- Cacao Acai Bowl
- Spicy Chickpea Scramble
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
Mango Banana Berry Smoothie Bowl Pizza
- Granola Bar Pizza Crust
- 12 dates (6 tablespoons chopped)
- 3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Smoothie Bowl
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or soy milk
- frozen banana, thinly chopped
- frozen mango
- fresh or frozen raspberries
- strawberries, thinly sliced
- coconut chips
- chia seeds (optional)
- Granola Bar Pizza Crust: Preheat oven to 350°.
- Soften dates by covering them with hot water. Let them sit until softened, about 15 minutes. Drain water and chop dates.
- Mix dates with rolled oats, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Spread mixture into a pie crust pan. Press down to flatten. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool.
- Smoothie Bowl: Mix smoothie bowl ingredients in a Nutribullet or blender, and spread on pizza crust. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Add toppings, slice and serve*.
Note: To make slicing easier, dip a knife in hot water each time you slice.