This sweet and spicy Mango Salsa goes well with chips, smoky maple chipotle beans, and tofu. It will be the hit of the party!
Lately I have been making a lot of Mexican food. In the last couple of weeks I made Cucumber Salsa, Mexican Fruit Salad, guacamole, margaritas, Tofu Scramble and Black Bean Breakfast Burritos and taco lettuce wraps. So, expect more Mexican inspired recipes coming soon. Of course, living in Tucson it is easy to be inspired by all the Mexican cuisine surrounding me.
I love sweet and spicy food, so Mango Salsa and I get along great. I used jalapeño for this recipe, but if you want even more spice, you could use serrano pepper. This salsa goes well with spicy foods. Even though it has a little spice, the sweetness of the mango adds a cool, refreshing touch.
- 2 mangoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- Put chopped mango, red onion, jalapeño, and cilantro together in a bowl.
- Juice key limes and add to the mix. Add salt to taste.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour or longer so that flavors meld together.