These vegan gluten free Mini Pizzas with Cilantro Pesto and Avocado are not only cute, but perfect for a party or as an appetizer.
First of all, no you are not seeing things, there are two different sizes of Mini Pizzas with Cilantro Pesto and Avocado. For the mini pizzas above I used a muffin pan, and for the mini pizzas below I used a tortilla shell maker. If you don’t have either, you could form pizzas on a pizza pan or cookie sheet. I like the muffin tin for bite sized pizzas, which are great for a party. The tortilla shell maker is good if you are making a light lunch for a couple of people. Of course if you have a bunch of tortilla shell makers, they are good for serving a bunch of small pizzas with something else on the side, or if you want to let your guests top their own mini pizzas.
These Mini Pizzas with Cilantro Pesto and Avocado are but one recipe of many miniature recipes that I have been making. First, there were the Mini Tofu Frittatas with Sweet Potato and Black Beans, then later came the Mini Tempeh Tacos with Pico de Gallo. Those are just a couple of them. What can I say? I am into mini recipes. They are fun, cute, and great for a party.
I have been having fun creating different pesto recipes. My favorites so far are the Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Pesto and the Avocado Basil Pesto. What I really love about this pesto is that many times I find myself with extra cilantro after using it in a salsa or another recipe. I just whip up the cilantro with the other ingredients listed below and have a spread for a pizza or piece of toast. If I don’t have a very big amount of cilantro, I either add in spinach to bulk it up, or use my Nutribullet to mix it, which is good for making small amounts of anything.
The same goes for parsley. If you find yourself with extra that you don’t have earmarked for anything, it would make a good pesto too. Although my parsley has been going into my smoothies or green drinks lately. I read that it helps with allergies when you drink a bunch a day for a couple of weeks, then go down to three times, then once a week. So far, it has been helping me.
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
Mini Pizzas with Cilantro Pesto and Avocado
Makes approx. 8 (3 1/2″) pizzas or 12 (2 1/4″) pizzas
- Cilantro Pesto – Makes 1/2 cup
- 4 cups cilantro
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Pizza – per 3 1/2″ pizza crust (use less for 2 1/4″ pizzas)
- gluten free pizza crust mix or premade dough – I used Namaste pizza mix
- 1 tablespoon pesto (or 2 teaspoons per 2 1/4″ pizza)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeño
- 1/8 of an avocado, thinly sliced
- cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Mix pesto ingredients together in a food processor until smooth.
- Make pizza crust according to directions, and spread in an oiled muffin tin or tortilla shell maker. If you have neither form small rounds on a pizza pan or cookie sheet. Bake at 450° for 5-10 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Top pizzas with pesto, jalapeño, avocado, and cilantro. Serve.