Ready for a new way to eat your peanut butter and jelly! This healthy Peanut Butter and Jelly Chia Pudding is a great way to start your day.
After I made my Strawberry Chia Jam, I knew that I had to use it in a recipe. This Peanut Butter and Jelly Chia Pudding was the first thing that came to mind. It has layers of vanilla flavored chia pudding, sweet strawberry chia jam, and gooey peanut butter – my kind of breakfast.
This healthy Peanut Butter and Jelly Chia Pudding is a great way to start your day. Click To Tweet
I have been using chia and flax seeds in my meals lately because I have been eating a low carb diet. Since chia and flax seeds are so high in fiber, their net carbs are pretty low. I love how healthy, filling, and versatile they are.
Wait to you see some of the recipes that I have been working on with flax seeds! I am really excited to post them, since I have been enjoying eating them.
You probably already know that chia and flax seeds make a good egg replacement. Well, I have been experimenting with them being the stars of the show.
This Peanut Butter and Jelly Chia Pudding is only the beginning. I have been experimenting with a flat bread recipe and a few others. Now I just have to get them right so that I can share them with all of you!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Chia Pudding
Makes 2 (8) ounce jars
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-7 drops stevia
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry chia jam
- 2 chopped strawberries (for garnish)
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped peanuts (for garnish)
- Mix chia seeds and almond milk. Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour. Add vanilla extract, stevia, and salt. Mix thoroughly*.
- Microwave peanut butter for 20 seconds to liquefy.
- Divide pudding between two 8 ounce mason jars. Layer into each 1/4 of the chia pudding, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 2 tablespoons strawberry chia jam, another 1/4 of the chia pudding, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 2 tablespoons strawberry chia jam. If serving immediately, top with chopped strawberries and chopped peanuts.
*Note – I say to mix all chia ingredients after being refrigerated so that you can add more or less vanilla or stevia to your liking. It’s harder to get an idea of what it will taste like before the chia seeds become gelatinous.