This sweet and savory vegan gluten free Sweet Potato, Broccoli, and Pomegranate Quinoa Salad is perfect for a potluck or party because it can be served at room temperature.
Quinoa is one of those grains that I always have in my pantry. It is so easy to make, and goes well with so many things. I like to use it in place of rice, like in my Tofu Sushi Rolls or Lentil Quinoa Burritos, or use it in a salad, like Tabbouleh.
This Sweet Potato, Broccoli, and Pomegranate Quinoa Salad has many of my favorite flavors in it. I included sweet and savory elements and a turmeric tahini dressing. There’s crunch from slivered almonds and broccoli that make up the savory flavors, and sweet flavors from pomegranate seeds, dried cranberries, and sweet potato. It is perfect for a picnic or potluck because it can be served at room temperature.
Sweet Potato, Broccoli, and Pomegranate Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chopped sweet potato
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups packed spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup turmeric tahini dressing
- salt and pepper
- Cut sweet potato into large chunks. Put sweet potato and enough water to cover them in a pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until tender. Let cool. Chop into smaller pieces.
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly. Place water and quinoa in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until all the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes. Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine quinoa, sweet potato, broccoli, slivered almonds, dried cranberries, spinach, and dressing. Mix well to combine.