This sweet and savory Sweet Potato Salad with Agave Mustard Dressing makes a perfect side dish for a BBQ or picnic.
This Sweet Potato Salad with Agave Mustard Dressing was inspired by a sweet potato salad that I would get many years ago. Every time I would go visit my friends who live in northern Arizona, I would check out the deli in the local natural food store. Many times I would leave with a variety of goodies for the road. One of those treats was a sweet potato salad. The grocery store was taken over by Whole Foods recently, so I no longer get to to satisfy my sweet potato salad fix when I go see my friends. Maybe Whole Foods will have a similar potato salad when I visit them next.
Whenever I travel I love to check out health food stores to see what they carry. There have been many times that I find products that my local stores don’t carry. I love trying new vegan gluten free products. Perusing the local health food stores when I travel is one of the things on my must see list. Some people have to see certain tourist attractions, I have to see the local health food stores!
The potato salad that I had obviously left an impression on me because I had to recreate it. This Sweet Potato Salad with Agave Mustard Dressing is basically sweet mustard dressing, sweet potato, red onion, and parsley. Simple, right!
With Labor Day around the corner, I thought this would be the perfect time to share this recipe. It’s perfect for a picnic or BBQ because you can serve it at room temperature.
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission.
Sweet Potato Salad with Agave Mustard Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups peeled and chopped sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix Dijon mustard, agave syrup, apple cider vinegar, and vegetable oil.
- Add peeled and chopped sweet potatoes to a deep pot. Add enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until sweet potatoes are tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Add sweet potatoes to agave mustard dressing. Add chopped red onion, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well.