These Vegan Hot Dog Taquitos with Chipotle Mayo are a fun twist on a typical hot dog. They are perfect for game day or a party!
After making Bean Taquitos with Vegan Nacho Cheese for the first time several months ago, and then Vegan Taquitos with Green Chiles not long after, I knew I was hooked. Taquitos are super easy to make. You can make a healthy version by baking them, or a more indulgent version by frying them. Pair them with your favorite dip, and they make a great meal.
For these Vegan Hot Dog Taquitos with Chipotle Mayo, I stuffed the vegan hot dogs with onions and vegan cheddar. Chipotle mayo complements the hot dog perfectly. I ate it with salsa also. I have to admit, salsa was not the smartest choice, because it makes for a messy dog. Here, I fried mine, but I left instructions for baking them also. These would be perfect for a Super Bowl party or game day.
Vegan Hot Dog Taquitos with Chipotle Mayo
- 2 corn tortillas
- 2 jumbo vegan hot dogs
- 3 tablespoons vegan cheddar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- coconut oil spray or canola oil (depending on cooking method)
- chipotle mayo
- 4 teaspoons adobo sauce or finely chopped chipotles
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- If baking, preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix finely chopped chipotles or adobo sauce with vegan mayo.
- Cook the vegan hot dogs as per instructions. I like to make a couple of slits on the hot dog and throw it in the microwave.
- Wrap the tortillas in paper towels and microwave for 1-2 minutes to make the tortillas pliable, if needed.
- Slice the hot dogs lengthwise and stuff them with the chopped onion and vegan cheddar. Put the hot dogs slit side down on a tortilla and roll. Secure with a toothpick, if needed.
- Baking method: Place seam side down on an oiled baking sheet or tinfoil. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes on each side, or until crispy. Frying method: Heat canola oil to 350°. If you don’t have a thermometer you can test the oil by dropping a couple of drops of water into oil. If it sizzles, it’s ready. Place rolled tortillas seam side down and fry until golden brown. Flip until all sides are golden brown and crispy.
*Notes: You could also stuff the hot dogs with jalapeños if you want an extra kick.