This Vegan Nog is perfect for the holidays. It is made with dates, fresh nutmeg, and a vanilla bean.
I always look forward to this time of year because the makers of soy and coconut milk come out with their Vegan Nog and other seasonal holiday drinks. Vegan Nog is my favorite of all of them. Normally I buy a few cartons, but this year I decided to make my own.
Homemade Vegan Nog is really easy to make, and tastes so much better than store bought. What really makes a difference is using fresh, high quality ingredients. I used freshly ground nutmeg, a vanilla bean and a cinnamon stick. Freshly ground nutmeg has such a wonderful scent. Just grating it got me in the holiday spirit.
Traditional eggnog is often served with brandy, rum, or bourbon. I happen to have a bottle of rum, so that’s how I enjoyed mine. For people who are allergic to dairy or eggs, this is a great alternative to eggnog. Not only is it dairy free and egg free, but it is soy free and gluten free as well, so it is perfect for all your guests.
For a fun breakfast, try French Toast with Vegan Nog. Since the nog is so sweet, you don’t even need maple syrup.
*Yep, you guessed it! Those are affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through those links, I will make a small commission.
- 3 dates
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- cinnamon sticks
- brandy, rum, or bourbon (optional)
- Soak the dates in water to soften them up. Drain.
- Split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds.
- Blend all ingredients in a NutriBullet or high speed blender. Serve with a cinnamon stick.