Why settle for toast with raspberry jam and vegan cream cheese when you can have Vegan Raspberry Calzones instead!
These Vegan Raspberry Calzones are way more fun than toast. They come out of the oven bubbling hot and oozing with sweet, rich goodness. (I am not kidding – you need to let them rest or you might burn yourself like I almost did.) Before these, I used to have toast with vegan cream cheese and jam. Of course, these take a bit longer, but they are so much more fun.
I’ve included these in the breakfast category because they have all the makings of a perfect breakfast in my book. I sprinkled a little sugar on top but I did not mix any into the filling. I prefer a savory breakfast to a sweet one.
This is my third calzone recipe. First, there were the Spinach and Tofu Ricotta Calzones. Then, I made Vegan Calzones, which have mushrooms and other vegetables. I like them as an alternative to pizza.
*Yep, you guessed it! That’s an affiliate link below. If you make a purchase through that link, I will make a small commission.
Vegan Raspberry Calzones
Makes 4 small or 2 large calzones
- Pamela’s pizza crust mix
- 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese – leave out to room temperature
- 3 tablespoons all fruit raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons raspberries
- coconut oil
- raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Prepare pizza dough according to directions. Sprinkle flour on cutting board. Roll or press out dough to your preferred size. If using Pamela’s pizza dough, use parchment paper or plastic wrap on top of dough to spread it out thinly (it is very sticky). Divide dough into 1/4s or 1/2s. By dividing mine into 1/4s, they came out to be approx. 6×6″ each.
- Spread vegan cream cheese on half of the dough, leaving the edges bare. Top with raspberry jam, and raspberries.
- Fold over the dough. If using a sticky dough (like Pamela’s), use parchment paper or plastic wrap to fold dough over. Press with floured or slightly wet fingers to seal the edge*. Brush the top with coconut oil. Sprinkle raw sugar on top. Repeat with the rest of dough.
- With the parchment or plastic wrap, lift to an oiled pan, parchment paper, or pizza stone, and bake at 450° for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let sit for several minutes – they are extremely hot!
*Note: Make sure you seal the edge really well or your jam will ooze out of the calzone and harden on the pan.