This Vegan Spaghetti Squash Alfredo has big flavor without all the fat and calories of the original.
This creamy, comforting Vegan Spaghetti Squash Alfredo has an Alfredo sauce made with cauliflower, so it’s basically a veg on veg fest. You won’t even notice it’s a big pile of veggies because the Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce is so rich and creamy.
To change things up after eating it the first couple of nights, I added sun-dried tomatoes and a load of chopped basil. You could also throw in some mushrooms, olives, artichokes, or roasted red pepper for even more flavor.
This healthy Vegan Spaghetti Squash Alfredo has big flavor! Click To Tweet
When you are eating low carb like I am right now, spaghetti squash is a great alternative to noodles made with grains. Shirataki noodles and zucchini noodles are other great alternatives, which I have been eating also.
Even before this low carb kick that I am on now, I have always loved substituting ingredients with healthier alternatives. Lettuce leaves, jicama, and nori sheets are good replacements for tortillas in a wrap. Cauliflower tastes great mashed or as a rice substitute. It is easy to make healthy choices when there are so many veggie options!
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
Vegan Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash (you may have extra, depending up the size)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + more for drizzling
- Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- 1/4 cup onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley or basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scrape out seeds and stringy bits. Drizzle olive oil in a baking dish, and place spaghetti squash cut side down on top. Roast at 450° for 25-30 minutes, or until fully cooked and tender. Scoop out spaghetti squash.
- Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce: Pour olive oil in a hot pan. Add onion and cook on medium – high heat until translucent.
- Add minced garlic, and cook 30 seconds longer. Add chopped cauliflower and almond milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until cauliflower are tender.
- Put cauliflower mixture along with nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a food processor and blend until creamy.