These healthy vegan Vegetable Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce are served with a rich savory peanut sauce.
One of my favorite go-to meals is spring rolls. I like to make these Vegetable Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce with avocado, cucumber, carrots, mint and cilantro. If I am out of those ingredients, or if I want more protein I make my Tofu Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce. I made the dipping sauce different for each recipe. In this peanut sauce I used sweet chili sauce, sriracha, peanut butter, tamari, and lime juice. I have made it several different ways, so you will see other peanut sauces in the future. Any sauce with peanut butter and spices, and I am there. This makes a great appetizer or light lunch. It is a quick meal to make. You may want to double the peanut sauce, especially if you are a sauce lover like me!
Vegetable Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce
- brown rice wrappers
- julienned carrots
- julienned cucumbers
- sliced avocadoes
- bunch of mint leaves
- bunch of cilantro
- peanut dipping sauce (recipe follows)
- Heat 2 cups of water on stove or in microwave until hot to the touch (approx. 3 1/2 min.).
- After water is heated, put the water in a container that is large enough to hold the brown rice paper wraps.
- Dip one of the wraps in the water, turning until it is pliable.
- Put the wrap flat on a plate and fill with carrot, cucumber, avocado, mint and cilantro.
- Roll like you would a burrito, folding two of the sides in, then the other two. For photos on how to roll see my Tofu Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce.
- Repeat with each wrapper.
- Serve with Peanut Dipping Sauce.
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sweet red chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium gluten free tamari
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.