This savory protein packed White Bean Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes is perfect for a potluck because it can be served at room temperature.
Whenever I go on a road trip I like to have some premade cold items ready to eat. That way I can stop at a rest area or park and eat lunch. It is better than relying on restaurants that don’t have many gluten free vegan options. In the past I have brought a filling Tarragon Tofu Salad packed with protein and veggies. I have also brought items like Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Hummus or Black Bean Quinoa Salad.
I just got back from a road trip to Colorado. I packed this White Bean Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes. I ate small portions of it throughout the day, because it is so filling. It has a double dose of protein: white beans and lentil quinoa pasta. So instead of loading up on a pasta where you crash after an hour, this one sustains you for a long time.
It isn’t dressed with much – just a little olive oil from the sun-dried tomatoes, some balsamic vinegar, and a touch of spices. White beans add a touch of creaminess. Nutritional yeast adds a cheesy flavor.
White Bean Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 8 oz. dry corkscrew pasta (2 cups cooked) – I used Ancient Harvest Lentil and Quinoa Rotelle Pasta
- 1/2 cup marinated artichokes
- 1/4 cup whole Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup whole green olives
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (in olive oil) + 2 tablespoons of the oil
- 15 oz. can of great Northern or cannellini beans
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- Cook pasta per directions. Drain and let cool.
- Chop artichokes and olives and add them to the pasta. Add sun-dried tomatoes and beans.
- In a separate container mix minced garlic, olive oil from sun-dried tomatoes, basil, oregano, balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast (if using). Mix well.
- Add dressing to pasta and mix thoroughly. Serve cold or room temperature.