These rich Bean and Corn Enchiladas will become your new go-to comfort food. Simple ingredients, but big on flavor!
For many years I did not bother making enchiladas. Instead I would make Vegan Chilaquiles. Chilaquiles are known as destroyed enchiladas. They don’t look as pretty, but they taste the same.
Usually they are made by frying some corn tortillas, adding all your ingredients in one pan, and cooking it altogether. I have also seen them baked in an oven. Some people use tortilla chips, but I like to fry up broken tortillas.
I think one of the reasons I avoided making enchiladas is it seemed that there were so many steps involved. One of those steps is lightly frying the tortillas before adding the filling. Cooking the tortillas helps them hold together and they take on the flavor of the oil.
After making these Bean and Corn Enchiladas, I realized that making enchiladas really does not have to be a long process after all. It just depends upon how complicated you make the recipe.
These are not complicated at all. They are quite easy to make. I made my own sauce, but if you want even easier enchiladas, you could buy an enchilada sauce. Trust me, though, this sauce takes no time at all.
I am really glad that I gave enchiladas a chance because I think I have found my new favorite comfort food. So expect more enchilada recipes in the near future. I am on an enchilada kick!
Other Mexican Inspired Recipes You Might Like
- Smothered Vegan Burritos
- Vegan Mexican Tortilla Pizza
- Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Sriracha Hummus Taquitos with Pineapple Mango Dipping Sauce
Bean and Corn Enchiladas
There’s no need to get take-out when it’s so easy to make these vegan enchiladas!
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love these Pyrex baking dishes! They’re great because they come with a cover, so I can put them in the fridge.
Bean and Corn Enchiladas
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 350ᵒ.
- Turn stove on medium heat and spray a pan with coconut oil spray. Add black beans, corn, jalapeño and jalapeño juice. Cook for a few minutes. Place in a fine mesh strainer to drain all the liquid.
- Place all sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle olive oil in pan over medium-high heat. Cook tortillas for 10 seconds on each side. Place on paper towels to drain.
- Put 1/2 cup of the sauce in baking dish. On each tortilla spread about 1 tablespoon of vegan cream cheese. Put about 3 tablespoons of bean corn mixture on top and roll. Place seam side down in baking dish.
- Pour the sauce over tortillas. Sprinkle grated vegan cheese on top. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.