These sweet healthy Butternut Squash Fries with Curry Mayo are perfect for a snack or side. They pair nicely with savory vegan curry mayo.
Before I begin my post with the usual why you are going to love this recipe bit, I have to state the obvious…
Isn’t this shopping cart adorable? It’s like the butternut squash is a big ole baby being pushed in a stroller, right! Okay, some who I have told that to disagree. Maybe it’s just me. Anyway, I think it’s cute. I love great finds.
Now for the commercial version…
One of my favorite vegetables is butternut squash. I have used it in salads, vegan quesadillas, and curry. Aside from tasting good, I love that it keeps for a long time. I usually have to keep an eye on my produce, and make sure that I am using it up before it spoils. Not the good ole butternut squash.
One of my favorite ways to eat it is to make Butternut Squash Fries with Curry Mayo. The curry mayo compliments the butternut squash perfectly. They may not satisfy a French fry craving, but they are healthier and can be made in no time. Just make sure to have a sharp knife. They have a very thick skin!
Butternut Squash Fries with Curry Mayo
- butternut squash fries
- 1 small butternut squash
- coconut or other oil spray
- curry mayo
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo – I used Vegenaise
- Butternut Squash Fries: Preheat oven to 425°.
- Peel butternut squash and slice off the ends. Cut off the round end and scoop out the seeds. Save seeds to roast them, if desired. Cut squash into fry shapes.
- Spray a baking sheet with coconut spray and place fries on it. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes, then flip and bake 10-15 minutes longer, or until crispy.
- Curry Mayo: Mix curry powder and vegan mayo and serve with fries.