This homemade Carrot Ginger Juice is a great way to start your morning! Use in conjunction with a detox program or cleanse.
This Carrot Ginger Juice has been my morning drink of choice lately. I usually have one before my morning smoothie. I think of it like my first and second breakfast, like the hobbits.
Starting your day with freshly pressed juice is a great way to rev you up. I had a boss eons ago who replaced his morning coffee with fresh carrot juice.
He said it woke him up and energized him. While I don't have a daily cup of coffee, I do notice that I feel very energized after drinking fresh juice.
My other go-to fresh juice is my Green Detox Juice. It's sweet from green apple. You would never know you were drinking something healthy because it's so good.
Start your day with some carrot juice with ginger. You may find yourself skipping that morning cup of coffee!
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is healthy and detoxifying.
- It's made in minutes.
- It's energizing.
- Carrots: I highly recommend organic carrots for juicing. You can peel them if you want, but I prefer to wash them.
- Ginger: I like to keep ginger in the freezer so that it lasts longer. When I want to use it, I slice off the amount I need and let it thaw before chopping or grating it.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Step 1: Wash carrots and peel ginger.
Step 2: Put ginger and carrots through a juicer. Discard the pulp.
- Use organic ginger and carrots. It defeats the purpose to drink toxins in your juice.
- Drink on an empty stomach. This allows the juice to go straight into your system.
- Drink within 15 minutes if possible. I've noticed fresh juice gives me more energy than older juice.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
While it is best to drink freshly made juice right away, if it's stored properly it will last for up to two days. Store juice in an airtight container. Fill the juice to the top of the container so that air doesn't get to it.
If you don't plan on drinking it up within two days you can freeze it. Freeze juice immediately after juicing. Thaw in the fridge.
Fresh juice should be consumed on an empty stomach at least 30 minutes before a meal. This allows your body to absorb all the nutrients.
If you drink fresh juice first thing in the morning on an empty stomach you'll get a nice energy boost, and you may not need that morning cup of coffee afterwards!
Other Vegan Drinks
If you tried this Carrot Ginger Juice Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Carrot Ginger Juice
- 1" x 1.5" piece of ginger (1.5" x 2" for more spice)
- 4 carrots
- Juice ginger, then carrots in a juicer.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.