This creamy comforting vegan Carrot Ginger Soup is perfect for a cold night. Since it is so easy, it makes a great weeknight meal.
Awhile back I went on a fast - which I will write about in another post. Afterwards I needed to ease into digestion slowly with juiced drinks and soup.
This is one of the meals that got me through the transition period. I originally bought the carrots for juicing, but found that I was craving some hot soup as well.
Thanks to my cravings this Carrot Ginger Soup was born. Ginger adds that extra spark to anything you put it in.
I added coconut milk because carrots and coconut milk go so well together. It was nice to have some healthy fat after 10 days of fasting.
I made a relish to go on top, which is really an optional extra. I like it because first of all, it gave me something to chew on, which I hadn't done in almost two weeks! Second, the relish gives the soup a little extra ginger flavor.
Other Soup Recipes You Might Like
- Vegan Tortilla Soup
- Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup
- Sweet Potato Soup with Toasted Pecans
- Roasted Pepper and Tomato Soup
Carrot Ginger Soup
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Carrot Ginger Soup
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Steam carrots until tender.
- In a hot pan, add olive oil and chopped onion. Cook until translucent.
- Add ginger and garlic and cook a minute or so more.
- In a food processor blend steamed carrot, onion, ginger, garlic, coconut milk, vegetable broth, salt, pepper until smooth. Reheat and serve.
- Relish: Add olive oil and onion to a hot pan. Cook until translucent.
- Add carrots and cook until tender. Add ginger and cook a minute or so more. Serve as a garnish on soup.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.