This easy comforting Cheesy Vegan Broccoli Soup is a perfect weeknight meal. Raw cashews add a creamy texture and nutty taste. Nutritional yeast adds a cheesy flavor, as well as B vitamins.
I love easy recipes that don’t take a lot of time or effort. This Cheesy Vegan Broccoli Soup is one of those recipes. It can be made in no time – perfect for a weeknight meal.
Nutritional yeast adds a cheesy flavor to this soup, as well as a load of B vitamins. Nutritional yeast is a must have in my house. I always have a jarful in my pantry. I put it on spaghetti, salads, and popcorn.
Most of the time, I prefer a creamy soup over a chunky one, but this time I decided to add chunks of broccoli to highlight their wonderful flavor.
Raw cashews add a creamy texture and nutty taste. They are another great staple to have around for making sauces and soups. I have used them in many recipes, like Lemon Garlic Pasta and Creamy Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic Soup.This easy comforting Cheesy Vegan Broccoli Soup is a perfect weeknight meal. Click To Tweet
Even though the weather has been warming up, I still have to have my soup. I can eat soup anytime of the year, even in the Summer in scorching hot Tucson. I am a little weird that way.
This is one of many soups that I have created recently. Most of the soup recipes have been focused on just a few ingredients, because I am all about quick and easy lately. I have been busy with a Vegan Gluten Free Recipe eBook, as well as another on the way.
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
Cheesy Vegan Broccoli Soup
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chopped broccoli, divided
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper
- Soak cashews in enough water to cover them. Soak for at least an hour. Drain. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to a large hot pan. Add onion and cook on medium high heat until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped broccoli, vegetable broth, cashews, and nutritional yeast. Cook until broccoli is tender. Let cool.
- Reserve 1 cup (or more, if desired) of the broccoli. Blend ingredients until smooth and creamy, and pour back into the large pot. Put reserved broccoli in, and bring to a simmering boil. Add salt and pepper, to taste.