This fruity Cherry Hibiscus Chia Fresca is a healthy refreshing treat for Summer. Perfect for a post workout!
I have been on a chia fresca making kick recently. First I made a Blueberry Lemonade Chia Fresca, then this Cherry Hibiscus Chia Fresca.
I have even more chia fresca recipes on the way since I am enjoying them so much. It is a refreshing drink that is perfect for after a workout or to cool off on a hot Summer day.
How to This Recipe
- Steep hibiscus flowers in hot water. Strain and let cool.
- Purée cherries with a small amount of hibiscus tea, then add it to the rest of the hibiscus tea.
- Add chia seeds and let sit to get gelatinous.
If you've never had chia seeds before they can take a little getting used to. My husband doesn't like the consistency of chia putting.
Even though he isn't fond of a chia pudding's texture he really liked both my chia frescas. Go figure.
Other Vegan Drinks
- Raspberry Coconut Hibiscus Cooler
- Ginger Pineapple Coconut Cooler
- Coconut Mango Cucumber Smoothie
- Chipotle Mint Lemonade
Other Ways to Use Chia Seeds
- Boil water, then turn off heat. Steep hibiscus flowers for 10 to 15 minutes for a strong flavor. Strain and let cool.
- Mix cherries with a small amount of tea in a Nutribullet or a blender.
- Add chia seeds and let sit 10-15 minutes to get gelatinous.
- Don't like the texture of the chia seeds? Strain them out.
- Strain cherries if desired.
How Long Does This Recipe Last?
This chia fresca recipe will last several days in the fridge.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This is the Nutribullet that I have. I love it for blending small amounts like this recipe. I use it daily for my morning smoothie.
Cherry Hibiscus Chia Fresca
- Boil water. Turn off heat and add hibiscus flowers. Let steep 10-15 minutes. Strain flowers. Let cool.
- Add a small amount of the tea and cherries to a Nutribullet or blender. Blend until mixed thoroughly and there are no chunks of cherries. Strain if necessary.
- Add cherry juice to the rest of the tea. Add chia seeds. Let sit about 10-15 minutes so that the chia seeds get gelatinous.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.