These Chocolate Banana Breakfast Popsicles are the perfect post-workout treat. They are loaded with protein and potassium.
I have been on a popsicle making kick recently. These Chocolate Banana Breakfast Popsicles are my third popsicle recipe, and possibly my favorite, because they are chocolate.
Smoothie in Popsicle Form
These popsicles have all the same ingredients as my morning smoothie, minus the greens and almond milk. One reason that I love these is they can be eaten right out of the freezer, instead of having to be thawed first. They have a soft texture from bananas and coconut yogurt, whereas my other two recipes contain coconut milk, which freezes to a harder consistency.
These are the perfect post-workout treat, since they are loaded with protein and potassium. Here in Tucson, it has been in the 100’s, so most of my workouts have been in the early morning hours indoors.
I have to say, I really miss my daily walks and dose of vitamin D! Now that I have these smoothie-in-a-popsicle-treats, I may venture out into the sauna-like atmosphere again.
No Special Equipment Needed
I have said this previously in my other popsicle posts, and I will say it again here. You don’t need any special equipment for this recipe – just some popsicle sticks and bath cups.
I like the small paper bath cups because they are easy to peel off. Just stick the popsicle in a shallow pan of hot water, and it comes right off. They are the perfect size when I want a small snack.
I also like using bath cups because they don’t take up a lot of space in my kitchen. Have you ever looked in your cupboards to take stock of what you’re not using? I know that I am guilty of not using all my appliances.
It’s hard to get rid of something that I have used in the past, and plan on using again, even though I only bust it out a couple of times a year at most.
These Chocolate Banana Breakfast Popsicles are the perfect post-workout treat! Click To Tweet
Other Treats You Might Enjoy
- Berry and Chocolate Hummus Dessert Pizza
- Strawberries and Coconut Cream
- Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert Pizza
- Chocolate Cherry Fat Bombs
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
Chocolate Banana Breakfast Popsicles
Makes 6 (3 ounce) popsicles
- 4 fresh or frozen bananas (thawed slightly if frozen)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 2 scoops Chocolate All-in-One Vega Nutritional Shake
- Mix all ingredients in a blender or Nutribullet. Pour into 3 ounce bath cups. Put a popsicle stick into each one and freeze until solid.
- To get the paper cup to release easily, pour hot water into a shallow container and put popsicle in it. It should slide right off!
*Additional Ingredients You Might Want To Include:
- Spinach or other greens
- Chia seeds
- Peanut butter or almond butter
- Coconut oil
- Or whatever you normally put in a smoothie
Let me know what you try in yours!