This simple dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark recipe is perfect for Christmas. It’s a fun dessert for a party and a great homemade gift.
What To Do with Leftover Candy Canes?
Do you ever wonder what to do with your candy canes? If you’re not a candy person like me you may give them away to the neighbor kids.
This year I have another solution. Make them into vegan dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark.
Chocolate and peppermint are the best of friends, so making chocolate bark with crushed candy canes or even a candy cane dessert in general is a great idea.
This simple dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark recipe is perfect for Christmas. It's a fun dessert for a party and a great homemade gift. Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Christmas Recipes You Might Like
- Christmas Tree Pancakes
- Vegan Nog Fat Bombs
- Fudgy No-Bake Brownies
- Gingerbread Coffee Creamer
- Mint Hot Chocolate Overnight Oats
How Do You Make Chocolate Peppermint Bark?
- Whisk cacao powder until all the lumps are out. Add the rest of the ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into a shallow plastic wrap lined baking dish. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes, or until just starting to solidify.
- Add 1 crushed candy cane so that it’s evenly distributed. By refrigerating the mixture first the crushed candy cane doesn’t sink to the bottom.
- Refrigerate again, and while the mixture is not totally solidified yet, add the other crushed candy cane on top so that it settles into the mixture.
- After the mixture is totally solidified, break into bark pieces.
- Store the Chocolate Peppermint Bars in the fridge or freezer so that they don’t melt.
Chocolate Peppermint Bark Recipe
This chocolate bark with peppermint makes a great gift for the holidays. It’s not only easy to make, but it’s pretty as well.
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You may need:
Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- With a fork or whisk, get all all the lumps out of the cacao powder, then add coconut oil, maple syrup, peppermint extract, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix thoroughly. Pour into a plastic wrap lined baking dish.*
- Put in the fridge about 20-30 minutes, or until starting to solidify. Add 1 of the crushed candy canes so that it's evenly distributed. The reason you refrigerate it first is so that the crushed candy cane doesn't sink to the bottom.
- Refrigerate another 30 minutes or so, and while the mixture is not totally solidified, sprinkle the other crushed candy cane on top so that it sticks to the top.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.