This simple dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark recipe is perfect for Christmas. It’s a fun dessert for a party and a great homemade gift.
What To Do with Leftover Candy Canes?
Do you ever wonder what to do with your candy canes? If you’re not a candy person like me you may give them away to the neighbor kids.
This year I have another solution. Make them into vegan dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark.
Chocolate and peppermint are the best of friends, so making chocolate bark with crushed candy canes or even a candy cane dessert in general is a great idea.
This simple dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark recipe is perfect for Christmas. It's a fun dessert for a party and a great homemade gift. Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Christmas Recipes You Might Like
- Christmas Tree Pancakes
- Vegan Nog Fat Bombs
- Fudgy No-Bake Brownies
- Gingerbread Coffee Creamer
- Mint Hot Chocolate Overnight Oats
How Do You Make Chocolate Peppermint Bark?
- Whisk cacao powder until all the lumps are out. Add the rest of the ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into a shallow plastic wrap lined baking dish. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes, or until just starting to solidify.
- Add 1 crushed candy cane so that it’s evenly distributed. By refrigerating the mixture first the crushed candy cane doesn’t sink to the bottom.
- Refrigerate again, and while the mixture is not totally solidified yet, add the other crushed candy cane on top so that it settles into the mixture.
- After the mixture is totally solidified, break into bark pieces.
- Store the Chocolate Peppermint Bars in the fridge or freezer so that they don’t melt.
Chocolate Peppermint Bark Recipe
This chocolate bark with peppermint makes a great gift for the holidays. It’s not only easy to make, but it’s pretty as well.
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You may need:
Chocolate Peppermint Bark
This simple dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark recipe is perfect for Christmas. It's a fun dessert for a party and a great homemade gift.
With a fork or whisk, get all all the lumps out of the cacao powder, then add coconut oil, maple syrup, peppermint extract, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix thoroughly. Pour into a plastic wrap lined baking dish.*
Put in the fridge about 20-30 minutes, or until starting to solidify. Add 1 of the crushed candy canes so that it's evenly distributed. The reason you refrigerate it first is so that the crushed candy cane doesn't sink to the bottom.
Refrigerate another 30 minutes or so, and while the mixture is not totally solidified, sprinkle the other crushed candy cane on top so that it sticks to the top.
My dish is 7 1/2" x 9 1/2", and the bark came out to almost 1/2" thick. For thinner bark, use a larger dish.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.