This healthy Chocolate Pudding with Raspberry Pomegranate Chia Jam has a dark chocolate flavor. Add in Raspberry Pomegranate Chia Jam and you have a perfect combination.
I do not eat a lot of desserts, but when I am craving something sweet, I go for chocolate. So whenever I get the urge to make a dessert, it usually involves chocolate. This Chocolate Pudding with Raspberry Pomegranate Chia Jam is not super sweet. It reminds me of dark chocolate, which is my favorite kind of chocolate. To compliment the bitter dark chocolate flavor, I added Raspberry Pomegranate Chia Jam, which brings a sweet, tart taste to this dessert.
If you prefer a sweeter chocolate pudding, I have you covered. My Chocolate Pudding with Berries is much sweeter, but is sugar-free. I added a date, but that is optional. With that chocolate pudding the berries add a tart flavor to balance out the sweetness of the pudding.
I literally ate this for breakfast because it didn’t feel like I was eating dessert. Plus, it is super easy to whip up, so I thought why not! Normally, in the morning I blend a smoothie, and this took the same amount of effort. Since this contains chia seeds and avocado, it fills you up for a long time. I always say that I can eat an avocado or guacamole for lunch and feel satiated.
Chocolate Pudding with Raspberry Pomegranate Chia Jam
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 avocado
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- raspberry pomegranate chia jam
- Pour unsweetened almond milk over chia seeds, and let sit until they become gelatinous.
- Mix chia seeds and almond milk with the rest of the ingredients in a Nutribullet or food processor.
- Layer Chocolate Pudding in a glass or bowl with Raspberry Pomegranate Chia Jam.