These easy 5 ingredient vegan Chocolate Rum Truffles are the perfect homemade edible gift!
Love at First Bite
I remember the first time that I had vegan chocolate truffles. It was love at first bite. They were sweet and rich. They melted in my mouth, and a little on my fingers.
It is no surprise that I fell in love with them, since I love dark chocolate so much. When I don't have dark chocolate in the house, I make my own. That usually looks like cacao powder, peanut butter, and a sweetener thinned down with water to the consistency of a thick pudding.
Of course I had to make my own truffles. For my vegan Chocolate Rum Truffles I added one of my favorite liquors - spiced rum to add a deep rich flavor, and give them a little kick.
Only 5 Ingredients and Easy To Make
These easy rum truffles are really easy to make. You just heat coconut milk with chocolate chips in a bowl above the coconut milk, creating a double boiler. Then you mix all the ingredients and let it set in the fridge. After it cools, you form the mixture into truffles, and roll the balls in cacao powder.
The hardest part is waiting for the chocolate to set. Patience and chocolate are not two words that I usually use together in a sentence.
Homemade Edible Gift
I don't know about you, but I love homemade gifts. I love making them, and I love receiving them. If you are a chocolate lover, these chocolate truffles with rum would be a great gift. At least this chocolate lover would love to receive them! You can always leave out the rum, or substitute it for another liquor.
Chocolate truffles have always been my favorite treat to eat around the holidays. If these were on a dessert table at a get together, I wouldn't be eating any of the other desserts.
If I had to choose only one thing that I could eat the rest of my life, it would be chocolate. I would be in heaven living at Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory! I could go on and on...
I am not a big dessert person, but you will never see me passing up dark vegan chocolate!
These easy 5 ingredient vegan Chocolate Rum Truffles are the perfect homemade edible gift! Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Chocolate Recipes You Might Like
- Chocolate Coconut Almond Bars - also a great edible gift!
- Apple Nachos
- Dark Chocolate Hummus
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Swirl Dessert Dip
Chocolate Rum Truffles Recipe
These easy chocolate truffles with rum are a chocolate lover's delight!
If you love this recipe, please come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You may need:
Chocolate Rum Truffles
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 12 ounce vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons spiced rum
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder or cocoa powder
- Pour coconut milk in a saucepan on stovetop. Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and place over coconut milk. This will act as a double boiler. Heat on medium heat until coconut milk comes to a simmer, and chocolate chips are melted slightly.
- Remove both from the heat, and pour coconut milk over chocolate chips to finish melting. Using a spatula, mix until smooth.
- Add spiced rum, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix thoroughly. Pour into an 8x8" glass baking dish, or similar size. Cover and put in the refrigerator to set.
- Once mixture is set, use a melon baller or spoon to form balls. Roll balls in your hands, then into cacao powder. Roll again to give a more polished look, if desired. Refrigerate.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.