This Thai inspired Cucumber and Carrot Noodles with Peanut Sauce has all the ingredients of spring rolls, but in salad form.
I have been having a blast with my spiralizer since I got it last Christmas. I love coming up with different sauces to use on vegetable noodles.
These Cucumber and Carrot Noodles with Peanut Sauce were inspired by spring rolls made into salad form. Spring rolls are one of my quick go-to dinners, so why not make them into a salad!
It has not only been fun creating the recipes, but eating them as well. I love this time of year because I gravitate more towards fresh veggies and fruit, instead of soup and other hot meals.
Actually, I think we might finally be entering into cooler temps here in Tucson. (Fingers crossed.)
As many of you know I love peanut sauce. I decided one day that if I could eat only one thing the rest of my life, or if I was stranded on an island and could bring only one thing, it would be peanut sauce - to use as a dip or sauce for other foods of course.
Then again, I could practically drink the stuff straight!
I have made many variations of peanut sauce, and one Sweet and Spicy Peanut Dip. It is hard to pick a favorite, but if I had to it would be the one on my Thai Pizza. I also used that one as a dressing for a Thai salad.
This version has sweet red chili sauce, which is one of my pantry staples. I love to keep it on hand for when I am craving spring rolls and am too lazy to make a sauce.
How To Make This Recipe
- Sauce: Mix peanut butter, key lime juice, tamari, sweet chili sauce, sriracha sauce, and water.
- Place cucumber in a spiralizer, and turn to create noodles.
- Place cucumber noodles in a towel and wring out excess water.
- Place cucumber noodles in a bowl. Add carrot noodles, julienned red pepper, chopped serrano pepper, and sauce.
- Top with cilantro and peanuts.
How Long Will It Last?
This recipe will last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Variations / Additions
- zucchini noodles
- rice vermicelli noodles
- snow peas
- roasted cashews
This healthy cucumber and carrot noodle salad is perfect for a light lunch or as a side for dinner.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here is the spiralizer I own. I love it because it takes up very little space.
If you're like me and don't plan on using it very often, it's great because you don't have a large gadget taking up space in your kitchen.
Cucumber and Carrot Noodles with Peanut Sauce
- 2 cups spiralized English cucumbers
- 2 cups spiralized carrots
- ½ cup julienned red pepper
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped serrano pepper
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped peanuts
- Mix all sauce ingredients with a fork or whisk.
- Place spiralized cucumber in a towel and wring out water. Pile spiralized cucumber and carrot into a bowl. Mix in julienned red pepper, chopped serrano pepper, and sauce. Top with cilantro and chopped peanuts.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.