This Thai inspired Cucumber and Carrot Noodles with Peanut Sauce has all the ingredients of spring rolls, but in salad form.
I have been having a blast with my spiralizer (affiliate link) since I got it last Christmas. I love coming up with different sauces to use on vegetable noodles. These Cucumber and Carrot Noodles with Peanut Sauce were inspired by spring rolls made into salad form. Spring rolls are one of my quick go-to dinners, so why not make them into a salad!
It has not only been fun creating the recipes, but eating them as well. I love this time of year because I gravitate more towards fresh veggies and fruit, instead of soup and other hot meals. Actually, I think we might finally be entering into cooler temps here in Tucson. (Fingers crossed.)
As many of you know I love peanut sauce. I decided one day that if I could eat only one thing the rest of my life, or if I was stranded on an island and could bring only one thing, it would be peanut sauce – to use as a dip or sauce for other foods of course. Then again, I could practically drink the stuff straight!
I have made many variations of peanut sauce, and one Sweet and Spicy Peanut Dip. It is hard to pick a favorite, but if I had to it would be the one on my Thai Pizza. I also used that one as a dressing for a Thai salad.
This version has sweet red chili sauce, which is one of my pantry staples. I love to keep it on hand for when I am craving spring rolls and am too lazy to make a sauce.
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
Cucumber and Carrot Noodles with Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium gluten free tamari
- 1/4 cup sweet red chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups spiralized English cucumbers
- 2 cups spiralized carrots
- 1/2 cup julienned red pepper
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped serrano pepper
- chopped cilantro
- chopped peanuts
- Mix all sauce ingredients with a fork or whisk.
- Place spiralized cucumber in a towel and wring out water. Pile spiralized cucumber and carrot into a bowl. Mix in julienned red pepper, chopped serrano pepper, and sauce. Top with cilantro and chopped peanuts.