DIY Air Freshener with baking soda, essential oils, and a pretty jar. This is so easy, you’ll wonder why you didn’t make this earlier!
I wish I could take credit for this easy DIY air freshener, but I cannot. I found this idea on The Chew yesterday and had to share it. They actually made their own essential oils, but I have a good supply, so I used some of my own. Check out the link if you want to make your own.
You probably already know that baking soda absorbs odors, right? Well this takes that idea a step further.
For this recipe the baking soda gets a nice scent from essential oils. To fill the scent in a room, you put a piece of paper or cloth with holes in it in place of the lid. I did that, but wanted a stronger scent, so I used a mesh bag to cover the jar instead.
What you will need
- mason jar – any size (keeping in mind that the larger the jar, the more essential oils you will need)
- baking soda
- essential oils – I used orange and peppermint
DIY Air Freshener
- Fill a jar with baking soda. Add essential oils. I used about 30-40 drops of essential oils for a 16 oz. jar. Shake well. The jars they used on The Chew are not shown on the link, but they were about 4 oz.
- Replace cover with a piece of paper or material with holes in it.
- Shake every few days to revive the scent.