This healthy Fruit Bowl with Banana Milk and Nut Clusters is mostly fruit with a touch of crunchy nut clusters.
I am a person of habit when it comes to breakfast. Consequently, you will not see as many breakfast recipes here on Create Mindfully as other recipes. Having my own blog has motivated me in many ways, and creating recipes that I wouldn’t have normally created is one of them.
My usual breakfast is a smoothie, Green Drink or Tofu Scramble. Occasionally I will stray from my norm, like I did with this Fruit Bowl with Banana Milk and Nut Clusters. I love smoothies and smoothie bowls, so I decided to do a deconstructed version. I used a lot of berries just like I would normally for a smoothie. Usually I add a frozen banana to add some creaminess. Instead I turned it into banana milk to top the berries. Talk about a game changer! It will forever be in my bag of tricks. Just like when I discovered frozen bananas made into “ice cream”. For some protein and a special touch, I made nut clusters sweetened with my favorite sweeteners.
This fruit bowl is mostly raw, with the exception of the nut clusters and the coconut flakes. I don’t know what temperature they dehydrate coconut, but I am pretty sure it is probably above 115°.
The next time you are craving cereal, try this Fruit Bowl with Banana Milk and Nut Clusters instead. You may find yourself waking up to a new breakfast routine.
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
Fruit Bowl with Banana Milk and Nut Clusters
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs (optional)
- 2 tablespoons nut clusters (recipe follows)
- Blend frozen banana and water in a blender or Nutribullet.
- Place berries, coconut flakes, cacao nibs, and nut clusters in a bowl. Pour banana milk over the top and serve.
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon Blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- Mix agave syrup, molasses, and maple syrup in a bowl. Set aside.
- Chop pecans and almonds into smaller pieces. Toast in a skillet on medium heat for a few minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add hemp seeds and toast for a minute or so more.
- Stir in agave syrup, molasses, and maple syrup. Heat a few minutes more.
- Put hot nut mix on parchment or in a pan to cool. Break into clusters once cooled.