This loaded Maple Chipotle Baked Tofu and Mango Hummus Quesadilla is a healthy meal. It is sweet and spicy.
This loaded vegan hummus quesadilla is sweet and spicy, but not too spicy. It's more smoky than spicy in my opinion, but then I like things pretty spicy.
It has a balance of flavors with sweet and spicy maple chipotle baked tofu, spicy chipotle hummus, sweet mango and red pepper, and fresh cilantro adds a bit of brightness.
Many times I eat a vegan quesadilla with salsa, guacamole, or vegan sour cream. This hummus quesadilla needs none of these.
It tastes great all on its own.This loaded Maple Chipotle Baked Tofu and Mango Hummus Quesadilla is a healthy meal. It is sweet and spicy. Click To Tweet
After the tofu is marinated and baked, this quesadilla comes together quickly. To make the Maple Chipotle Baked Tofu is easy also. It's a set it and forget it type of recipe.
If you like hands-off cooking, the Maple Chipotle Baked Tofu recipe is the answer.
Maple syrup and chipotle in adobo are a match made in heaven. Sweet maple syrup with smoky spicy chipotle compliment each other perfectly.
The smoky spicy chipotle hummus bring out more of the chipotle flavors.
How to Make This Recipe
First make the Maple Chipotle Baked Tofu by marinating drained and pressed tofu in maple syrup and adobo sauce, then baking it. To make things easier, you can make this the day before.
Next, make the chipotle hummus by mixing chickpeas, tahini, chipotle pepper, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and spices. This can also be made the day before, or you could use store-bought hummus.
The chipotle hummus literally takes about 5 minutes to make, and is a lot cheaper than store-bought, so you may want to consider making it.
You then sauté onions and red pepper until tender. Spread the chipotle hummus on your favorite tortilla.
Layer onions, red pepper, mango, and maple chipotle baked tofu on top. Place the other tortilla on top and heat on stovetop.
Other Vegan Mexican Recipes
- Smothered Vegan Burritos
- Spicy Tofu Tacos
- Vegan Enchilada Bowl
- Black Bean and Corn Vegan Quesadilla
- Vegan Refried Bean Burrito with Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus
Tips For Making A Vegan Hummus Quesadilla
- The recipe calls for two tortillas, so to make it easier to flip (it is loaded afterall), use a plate or cutting board on top of the pan to flip it.
- To save time, you can use store-bought chipotle hummus, but it's worth the extra five minutes to make the homemade version. Not to mention, it's a lot cheaper. You can also make it the day before.
- You can also make the Maple Chipotle Baked Tofu the day before.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Maple Chipotle Baked Tofu and Mango Hummus Quesadilla
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and cook until translucent.
- Add chopped red pepper, salt and pepper. Cook until tender.
- Spread chipotle hummus on a tortilla. Place onion and red pepper on top, then tofu, mango, and cilantro.
- Heat olive oil or cooking spray on a pan over medium heat. Place quesadilla on pan. Cook until browned, flip, and cook other side until browned.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.