This Maple Sriracha Chickpea and Pineapple Tortilla Pizza has a crispy tortilla topped with sweet and spicy maple chickpeas, sweet pineapple, and creamy avocado. Dinner just got a whole lot more exciting!
When you create as many recipes as I do being a food blogger, there’s bound to be some recipes that are more exciting than others. This Maple Sriracha Chickpea and Pineapple Tortilla Pizza is one recipe that I am really excited about. It is one meal that I will be making again and again because it is so good.
Sweet and Spicy
I think I found my new favorite meal.
First of all, this vegan tortilla pizza has my all time favorite flavor combination – sweet and spicy. It also has my favorite pizza toppings, but elevated a notch. I love to top my pizza with pineapple and onion, but this pizza is on a whole other level.
You will find sweet and spicy recipes all over Create Mindfully, since I could literally eat that combination daily.
This easy tortilla pizza has sweet sautéed onions and sweet tangy pineapple. I cooked the onions and the chickpeas with spicy sriracha sauce and sweet maple syrup.
I then drizzled even more sriracha sauce on top of the pizza. I added creamy avocado to cool things off. You could also add cilantro for a bright note. The balance of flavors will have you wanting more!
My Maple Chipotle Black Bean Lettuce Wraps with Mango Salsa were the inspiration for this vegan pizza. Surprisingly, it isn’t one of my most popular recipes. I say surprisingly because it is one of my favorites. I think it might be because the chipotle pepper’s lack of popularity, but who knows.
We’ll see how this recipes fares. I do have to say that sriracha recipes on my blog seem to do better than chipotle recipes.
Not that it matters either way. I will continue to use both chipotle peppers and sriracha in my recipes because I love them both. There’s no point in guessing which recipes will go over and which won’t. I am always surprised.
The Top 10 Recipes of 2017 for instance were a bit of a surprise. The theme seemed to be easy recipes, which is great for me. If you all want easy, I am happy to deliver!This Maple Sriracha Chickpea and Pineapple Tortilla Pizza has a crispy tortilla topped with sweet and spicy maple sriracha chickpeas, sweet pineapple, and creamy avocado. Dinner just got a whole lot more exciting! Click To Tweet
Other Sweet and Spicy Recipes You Might Like
- Vegan Teriyaki Reuben with Spicy Thousand Island Dressing
- Teriyaki Tofu and Pineapple Tostadas with Sriracha Hummus
- BBQ Chickpea and Mango Tacos with Pickled Peppers and Onions
- Maple Chipotle Cashews
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through those links, I will make a small commission.
Maple Sriracha Chickpea and Pineapple Tortilla Pizza
Makes 3 (9″) pizzas
- Maple Sriracha Chickpeas
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 ounce can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon low sodium gluten free tamari
- 2 tablespoons low sodium vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- For the Pizzas
- 9 tablespoons marinara sauce, divided
- 3 gluten free tortillas – I used brown rice
- 3/4 cup chopped pineapple, divided
- For Serving
- Sriracha sauce
- Chopped avocado or cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Maple Sriracha Chickpeas: Heat a pan on medium heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add chickpeas, sriracha sauce, maple syrup, tamari, vegetable broth, salt and pepper. Cook until liquid cooks down and dissolves.
- Per Pizza: Bake tortilla for 3 minutes or until slightly crispy.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of marinara sauce on tortilla. Top with 7 tablespoons of chickpea onion mixture. Add 1/4 cup chopped pineapple. Bake for 4 minutes, or until crispy.
- Add chopped avocado or cilantro, if desired. Drizzle sriracha sauce on top. Repeat with other tortillas, or have leftovers for two more nights!