Give yourself an energy boost with this healthy Matcha Mango Chia Pudding with matcha green tea powder.
I am a bit chia pudding obsessed these days, kind of like my obsession with hummus. You'll find a multitude of both on Create Mindfully.
I just can't help myself. Trying new flavors is something I can't resist.
Today I give you Matcha Mango Chia Pudding. It's layered with matcha chia pudding, chopped mango, and mango chia pudding.
If you've never had chia seeds before, they are slightly nutty, but are neutral enough in flavor that they can be made into chia jam, crackers, and pudding. They are high in fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals.
If you're having chia pudding for the first time, I recommend blending it so that you'll get the pudding consistency that you're used to. If you like the taste, then the next time you can try it without blending it to see if you like the chia pudding consistency.
If you still aren't a fan after trying chia pudding the blended way, I recommend adding it to a smoothie. You can also turn blended chia pudding into popsicles.
What to Do With Chia Seeds?
Unless you buy chia seeds in the bulk section of the grocery store and get a small amount, you'll have some leftover chia seeds. Here are some other ways to use them:
- Egg replacer in baked goods like cookies, and in pancakes and French toast
- Chia fresca
- Chia jam
- Oatmeal and overnight oats
How To Make Matcha Mango Chia Pudding
Mix chia seeds with liquid. For this recipe I used almond milk, but full fat coconut milk tastes great too. Let mixture sit so that chia seeds can get gelatinous.
Next, add vanilla extract, maple syrup or stevia, and a pinch of salt. For the matcha chia pudding layer, add matcha green tea powder and mix well.
Layer matcha chia pudding, sliced or chopped mango, and mango chia pudding. Repeat.
Give yourself an energy boost with this healthy Matcha Mango Chia Pudding with matcha green tea powder. Click To Tweet
How Long Does Chia Pudding Last?
Chia pudding will last about 4-5 days in the fridge. If I have leftover chia pudding and am not in the mood for it, I will add it to my morning smoothie to use it up.
Other Chia Puddings
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
- Tropical Chia Pudding
- Neapolitan Chia Pudding
- Almond Chia Pudding
Tips For Making Matcha Mango Chia Pudding
- Let chia seeds sit in liquid for at least 60 minutes to an hour so that they can get gelatinous. If you let mixture sit overnight, it will get even thicker.
- Taste as you go. You may want more or less sweetener or matcha green tea powder. I tried the matcha chia pudding with double the amount of match green tea and it was too strong for me.
- Mix the mango chia pudding in a high speed blender or Nutribullet to get a smooth, creamy consistency like a traditional pudding.
Matcha Mango Chia Pudding Recipe
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This is the Nutribullet that I have. It's perfect for making this chia pudding with a traditional creamy texture.
Matcha Mango Chia Pudding
Matcha Chia Pudding
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or 15-20 drops stevia)
- 1/2 teaspoon Everyday Matcha 100% Japanese Green Tea Powder, Sen Cha naturals,One bag, 1 LB" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">matcha green tea powder
- Pinch salt
- Matcha Chia Pudding: Mix chia seeds and almond milk. Let sit for at least an hour in the fridge. If you let it sit in the fridge overnight, it will get even thicker.
- Add vanilla extract, maple syrup, matcha green tea powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Mango Chia Pudding: Mix chia seeds and almond milk. Let sit for at least an hour in the fridge. If you let it sit in the fridge overnight, it will get even thicker.
- Add vanilla extract, maple syrup, 1/2 cup mango, and salt. Mix in a Nutribullet or high speed blender for a creamy consistency, or by hand for a textured consistency.
- Layer matcha chia pudding, 1/4 cup mango, then mango chia pudding in a bowl. Top with 1/4 cup mango.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.