Here’s a way to get Natural Green Beer for St. Patrick’s Day without all those nasty food dyes, and it is good for you!
The beer pictured is Redbridge, which is a gluten free beer made from sorghum.
Are you looking forward to drinking some green beer this St. Patrick’s Day, but not all the synthetic, artificial food coloring that goes into it?
What is the secret ingredient? Spirulina! Spirulina makes a great natural food coloring. Since you only need a small amount to color beer, there is no taste.
Gluten Free Beers:
These are from different gluten free apps that I have. Since I am not much of a beer drinker, I have not tried them.
- Bard’s – Founded by celiacs, this beer is brewed with 100% malted sorghum.
- Schnitzer Bräu – Lager
- New Planet – Pale Ale, Blonde Ale, Raspberry Ale, and Belgian Ale. The founder has celiac disease.
- Green’s – India Pale Ale, Enterprise Dry-Hopped Lager, Discovery Amber Ale, Endeavour Dubbel Ale, and Quest Tripel Ale
- Ramapo Valley – Honey Beer
- Les bières de la Nouvelle-France – Messagère Pale Ale, Messagère Red Ale, Messagère Millet, and Messagère Aux Fruits
- Hambleton Ales – Ale and Lager
- Lakefront – Pilsner Style New Grist
- Sprecher – West African Shakparo-style beer
- St. Peter’s – Ale and Pilsner Style Lager
- O’Brien – Brown Ale, Natural Light, Pale Ale, and Premium Lager
- Brunehaut – White Beer, Blond, Amber, and Triple
- Dogfish Head – Tweason’ale
Here’s to a safe, gluten free, naturally green St. Patrick’s Day!
Natural Green Beer for St. Patrick’s Day
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Natural Green Beer for St. Patrick's Day
- 12 ounce gluten free beer
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- Start with 1/4 teaspoon of spirulina, and add more as needed. I used 1 teaspoon.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.