This simple homemade Oil-Free Avocado Mayo is made in the food processor. Use it as a dip or in a sandwich.
I LOVE me some vegan mayo. I could eat an open-faced sandwich with vegan mayo, smashed avocado, sliced onion, and tomato at least a few times a week.
Yes, I love a sandwich with vegan mayo. Maybe a little bit too much. That's why I came up with an oil-free mayo.
To get more plant-based foods into my diet and less processed ones, I thought I'd start with replacing my vegan mayo with an Oil-Free Avocado Mayo.
Is this avocado mayo just as rich and creamy as store-bought vegan mayo? Not really, but it is damn good.
I would describe it as mustard forward, but well balanced with vinegar and sugar to round it out. (And no, it doesn't taste like guacamole.)
This avocado mayo is for people who are avoiding oil (which I've noticed there are many out there), and who want a creamy spread for their sandwiches or to dip their fries into.
I used sugar to balance out the mustard and vinegar, which is pretty rare for me. Normally I use dates, stevia, or maple syrup to sweeten recipes.
You could try this with stevia or another sweetener if you prefer, or omit the sweetener altogether. Also note that the amount of sugar used is a pretty small amount.
Sandwiches and Wraps You Could Use this Oil-Free Avocado Mayo In
- ALT (Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato) Wrap
- Tofu Salad
- Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- ELT (Eggplant Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato) Sandwich
- Vegan Submarine Sandwich
- Vegan BLAT
Oil-Free Avocado Mayo Click To Tweet
Tips For Making Oil-Free Avocado Mayo
- For a creamy mayo, blend in a Nutribullet or food processor.
- Start with less sugar, apple cider vinegar, and mustard to see how you like it. You can always add more, but you can't take it away.
- Maybe you won't want sugar at all. Taste it with the rest of the ingredients first.
- Try lemon juice or lime juice instead of apple cider vinegar for a variation.
Oil-Free Avocado Mayo
This healthy mayo is a good replacement for store-bought vegan mayo.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
These 8 ounce jars are the perfect size for this avocado mayo.
Oil-Free Avocado Mayo
- Mix all ingredients by hand or with a Nutribullet or food processor.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.