This Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats is perfect for travel or on the go! It is a classic childhood combo in a new form!
Peanut butter is one thing that I try to always have stocked. It is one of my favorite condiments to use in recipes and for snacking.
One of my favorite ways to use it is in a Peanut Sauce. I could practically drink it, it is so good!
Another way that I like to eat it is with chocolate chunks. It is a fun late night treat that I eat by the spoonful.
Since I am such a peanut butter fan, I just had to make a Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats recipe.
I love to make overnight oats when I travel, especially overnight oats with protein or coffee in it. I add chia seeds for even more protein and fiber.
Honestly, I don't remember the last time that I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, which is strange considering how much I love them. Making a recipe like this one easily takes the place of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, since all the flavors are there.
Perfect for Travel
Overnight oats are about one of the easiest breakfasts that you can make. I first started making them for a road trip.
Being vegan and gluten free can be difficult. At many restaurants there's usually only a fruit bowl and potato dish to choose from.
They just don't keep me satiated for very long, and many times I am ready for a nap afterwards. So I found that overnight oats are a great solution.
They travel well, since the oats can be kept in dry storage, and I add almond milk or coffee the night before. I have even made them in hotel rooms.
Other Easy Breakfasts
- Peanut Butter Banana Porridge
- Vegan Fruit and Yogurt Breakfast Parfait
- Spicy Chickpea Scramble
- Almond Chia Pudding
How to Make This Recipe
Mix almond milk, peanut butter, rolled oats, chia seeds, and agave syrup, in a mason jar. Let sit overnight.
In the morning layer with blueberry chia jam.
How Long Do Overnight Oats Need to Soak?
Place them in the fridge for a minimum of 3-4 hours up to 72 hours.
- You may want more liquid than I've listed. Start with the amount shown and check the consistency in the morning to see if you want more after it's been absorbed.
- If you're in a hurry, you can use store-bought blueberry jam or another flavor.
How to Store
These overnight oats will last up to 3 days in the fridge.
Variations / Additions
- strawberry chia jam, raspberry chia jam, or cranberry apple chia jam
- smashed blueberries or another fruit
- store-bought jam
- almond butter or another nut butter
- sunflower seed butter
- maple syrup or another sweetener
- soy milk, oat milk or another plant-based milk
- vegan yogurt
- roasted peanuts
- protein powder
- flax seeds
This vegan overnight oats is a healthy way to start your day!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats
- Put rolled oats, peanut butter, chia seeds, agave syrup, and unsweetened almond milk in a bowl. Stir and let sit in the fridge overnight.
- Stir again. Transfer to two 8 ounce mason jars, and layer with blueberry chia jam.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.