This moist Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mug Cake is the perfect balance of sweet and savory with peanut butter and chocolate.
Here is the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mug Cake that I gave you a preview of in my Inspirational Quote of the Week. I made this for my birthday on October 11. It was inspired by my Chocolate Coffee Mug Cake, but I have to say, out of the two, this one is my favorite. I think adding the peanut butter somehow made the cake fluffier. Or maybe it was because I didn’t have cacao powder and instant coffee in it. Anyway, both were good, but the fact that I made this for my birthday, I am glad that I liked this one better.
In the photo to the left, the chocolate chips sunk to the bottom, probably because I mixed the chips into the mix. The second time that I made these, I sprinkled the chips on top. So they stayed put.
I have fallen in love with mug cakes. The main reason is that I am not a big cake lover, so by making a small mug cake, I get to have cake every once in awhile. This way I do not have a whole lot of extra cake leftover, so I love it! (Even though these are small, I still have some leftover because I only eat one third to one half at a time.)
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons gluten free all-purpose flour – I used Bob’s Red Mill
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened plain almond milk or light coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- Mix ground flax seed and water. Let rest for five minutes to thicken.
- Add the rest of ingredients except for chocolate chips in a mug until well blended. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Heat 2 1/2 – 3 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. Cooking times depend upon your microwave. I had to go the full 3 minutes.