This vegan Raw Summer Squash Ravioli is a perfect snack or light meal for Summer. It also makes a nice presentation as an appetizer for a party.
In the past seventeen years of being vegan I have gone through phases of a raw vegan diet. I loved how I felt on a raw diet, but I found that I really missed cooked foods, especially in the colder months.
Around March or so every year I start to crave more fresh fruits and vegetables. When the weather is warmer I find a raw vegan diet more doable.
Since I have been craving fresh fruits and vegetables a lot lately, I thought I would make this Raw Summer Squash Ravioli. It is one of many raw recipes that I have made recently.
For those of you unfamiliar, a raw vegan diet is one where food is not cooked above 118°. It includes fruits, vegetables, grain and legume sprouts (yes, you sprout the grains and the beans), nuts and nut pastes, seeds, oils, and sea vegetables.
I found that I needed to be really organized with meal planning for a raw diet. You need to know what beans, nuts or grains you will be using in a recipe, and soak, sprout and dehydrate them ahead of time. I am really organized, but not to that degree.
The marinara sauce is also raw. It may seem weird to eat these flavors cold, but trust me, it is worth trying. If it tastes strange to eat it cold, you could always heat this up in the microwave.
Raw Summer Squash Ravioli
These raw ravioli are a great way to get more veggies into your diet. You won’t even miss the noodles!
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Raw Summer Squash Ravioli
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- Raw Red Pepper Tomato Sauce
- Fresh thinly sliced basil for garnish
- Cashew Spread: Soak cashews in a cup of water for at least an hour to soften them. Drain. In a food processor, combine all ingredients.
- Ravioli: Slice squash* on a mandoline at 1/16", or thinly slice with a knife, making really thin round slices.
- Spread cashew spread on either half a round, or on the whole thing and put another squash slice on top. Smaller squash work best with sandwich style ravioli.
- Drizzle Raw Red Pepper Tomato Sauce on top. Sprinkle basil on top.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.