This Roasted Cauliflower Steak Sandwich with Red Pepper and Black Olive Tapenade is rich and satisfying. Perfect for a weeknight meal.
One of my favorite vegetables is cauliflower. It is a vegetable that I don't eat enough of.
Since I was gifted with some, I decided to make this Roasted Cauliflower Steak Sandwich with Red Pepper and Black Olive Tapenade.
Roasting cauliflower brings out a nutty flavor. Whenever I make cauliflower rice, I usually roast the cauliflower.
I have been enjoying sandwiches lately, so that's why I figured a cauliflower steak sandwich was the way to go.
Many years ago, before I was a full-fledged foodie, I would never have thought to put cauliflower in my sandwich. However, after watching way too many cooking and travel shows, I now experiment with many different food combinations that I wouldn't have before.
Here I paired the roasted cauliflower with a savory red pepper and black olive tapenade. If that weren't enough, I also added a rich basil vegan mayo. Yum!
- Vegan Monte Cristo
- Vegan BLAT
- Vegan Reuben Sandwich
- Vegan Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Grilled Cheese
This vegan cauliflower sandwich is a healthy meal.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Roasted Cauliflower Steak Sandwich with Red Pepper and Black Olive Tapenade
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- Cauliflower Steaks: Preheat oven to 450°.
- Slice cauliflower into ½" steaks. You will get about 2 steaks per head of cauliflower. Put on a baking sheet or in a pan. Drizzle olive oil on top. Sprinkle oregano, salt, and pepper on top. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes, or until starting to brown and become tender.
- Sandwiches: Mix basil and vegan mayo. Toast bread.
- Spread a tablespoon of basil mayo on four slices of toast. Place a cauliflower steak on each slice. Top with two tablespoons of red pepper tapenade on cauliflower steak. Layer toast on top of tapenade.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.