These easy vegan Southwest Zucchini Noodles are packed with flavor. They are loaded like nachos, but much healthier.
First of all, yes there are zucchini noodles hiding under this load of goodness! These Southwest Zucchini Noodles are loaded like nachos, but healthier.
I included all of my favorites: tomato, avocado, corn, red pepper, black beans, vegan Beyond Chicken strips, and more. I know many people have made resolutions to eat healthier. This is a great meal to include in a healthy eating plan.
I got a spiralizer for Christmas and have been having a lot of fun with it. I have many recipes planned that include different veggie noodles.
The spiralizer that I got is a handheld model, which I love because it doesn't take up very much space. It only has two sizes for noodles, but that is fine with me.
I would rather throw a spiralizer in a drawer than have it take up cupboard or counter space.
If you don't have a spiralizer yet, I highly recommend it. To make noodles, I used to use a peeler or my mandoline to cut veggies lengthwise, then slice them again.
They didn't look as pretty and it took longer. They also weren't all the same size. Whatever gadget you choose, veggie noodles are a fun, healthy way to include vegetables in your diet in a new way.
Other Mexican Inspired Recipes You May Enjoy
- Cornmeal Baked Avocado Tacos
- Spinach, Tofu, and Pine Nut Enchiladas
- Teriyaki Tofu and Pineapple Tostadas with Sriracha Hummus
- Vegan Taquitos with Green Chiles
Southwest Zucchini Noodles
These vegan zucchini noodles have all the flavors of the Southwest.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here is the spiralizer I own. I love it because it takes up very little space.
If you're like me and don't plan on using it very often, it's great because you don't have a large gadget taking up space in your kitchen.
Southwest Zucchini Noodles
- 2 small zucchini (4 cups spiralized)
- olive oil if cooking noodles
- ½ cup julienned red pepper
- 6 strips lightly seasoned Beyond Chicken strips vegan, chopped
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- ½ cup corn
- ¾ cup Sweet Potato Nacho Cheese
- ½ cup chopped Roma tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped avocado
- Black olives
- Hot sauce optional
- Cook Beyond Chicken strips according to directions.
- If cooking noodles: Heat olive oil in pan and add zucchini noodles and red pepper. Cook for a couple of minutes, leaving noodles al dente.
- Add Beyond Chicken strips, black beans, corn, and sweet potato nacho cheese. Cook a couple of minutes more.
- Pile noodles on a plate and add avocado. Garnish with black olives and cilantro. Add a splash of hot sauce, if using.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.