This easy Spearmint Sugar Scrub makes a great gift. Chalkboard paint on a glass jar makes a nice presentation.
Sugar scrubs are a great way to pamper yourself without going to the spa. They are luxurious, smell fabulous and make thoughtful gifts. They are easy to make and there are many ways to add a personalize touch.
For this Spearmint Sugar Scrub I used chalkboard paint for the label. It was really easy to do, and very inexpensive. Now that the holiday season is upon us, why not give a gift from the heart that you made yourself!
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
What you will need
- Using the chalkboard paint, paint the desired area on your glass container. Apply the coat horizontally. Wait one hour.
- Paint another coat vertically. Let cure 24 hours.
- Write a message with the chalkboard marker.
- Spoon your handmade sugar scrub into the container, top with mint leaves and you're done!
After applying one coat.
Spearmint Sugar Scrub
- ¼ cup solidified coconut oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 10 drops spearmint essential oil
- mint leaves to put on top
- Whip solidified coconut oil with a handheld mixer for a couple of minutes. Refrigerate first if necessary, making sure coconut oil doesn’t get to hard.
- Add sugar and essential oil and mix thoroughly. You can also mix by hand, but the texture won't be as fluffy.