These healthy Tropical Frozen Bananas will whisk you away to the tropics. Made with only 4 ingredients!
I think I was wanting warm tropical breezes and and an ocean view when I created these Tropical Frozen Bananas. I made them last Winter when normally a frozen treat is the last thing on my mind.
The ocean is something that I cannot ever get enough of. I guess it doesn't help that I have enticing photographs of the turquoise waters in front of my desk where I work.
Living in the desert doesn't help matters either. We got a little rain last week, but normally it is dry as a bone.
These Tropical Frozen Bananas could not be any easier. Coconut milk yogurt is mixed with a pineapple mango preserves that you roll the frozen banana in. Then you roll them in shredded coconut and freeze. They are a healthy alternative to store-bought popsicles.
Pineapple mango preserves are a great way to add a sweet tropical flavor without added sugar, especially if you buy the all fruit preserves. Shredded coconut and coconut milk yogurt both add a sweet coconut flavor.
If you use unsweetened coconut milk yogurt you won't have any added sugar there either. I only had sweetened when I made these so that's what I used.
Other Desserts You Might Like
- Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert Pizza
- Dark Chocolate Hummus
- Chocolate Coconut Almond Chia Pudding
- 2 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Bites
These healthy Tropical Frozen Bananas will whisk you away to the tropics. Made with only 4 ingredients! Click To Tweet
Tips For Making Tropical Frozen Bananas
- Slice bananas in half before freezing.
- Stick bananas with popsicle stick or skewer before freezing.
- Prepare to have messy hands or wear gloves!
- Use all fruit preserves and unsweetened coconut yogurt to keep them sugar free.
- To change things up, throw them in a smoothie or slice them and add them to oatmeal or a smoothie bowl.
Tropical Frozen Bananas
These frozen treats are a healthy vegan dessert. They can be eaten for breakfast, dessert or as a snack.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Tropical Frozen Bananas
- Insert a popsicle stick into each banana half. Freeze.
- Mix coconut milk yogurt with pineapple and mango preserves.
- Dip frozen bananas into yogurt mixture, then shredded coconut. Freeze.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.