This easy Vanilla Almond Granola is healthy and satisfying. Why buy store bought when you can make your own!
Making your own granola is a great way to control the ingredients, and the taste. Out of curiosity, I looked up a well known granola cereal sold in many supermarkets. On the list of ingredients were sunflower oil, nonfat dry milk, whey, whole grain rolled wheat, canola oil, glycerin and natural flavors. Here is a vegan, gluten free Vanilla Almond Granola that is easy to make and full of flavor.
This only makes 1 cup – so double, triple, quadruple the recipe if needed. The reason it is such a small batch is because I used a toaster oven.
Spread granola mix onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or aluminum foil.
After baking, it should look like this:
Vanilla Almond Granola
Makes 1 cup
- 1 cup Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons brown rice syrup
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together. Microwave for 30 seconds if needed, then add the granola.
- Spread granola mix onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or aluminum foil.
- Bake @ 325ᵒ for 10 minutes.
- Stir the mix around to bake the other side, and bake for another 10 minutes.
*Now the Vanilla Almond Granola can be made into a trail mix, made into bars, added to soy or coconut yogurt, or covered in almond milk.