This Vegan BLT Pasta Salad has all the flavors of a vegan BLT, but in pasta form. This has sun dried tomatoes, arugula, tofu bacon, and roasted red pepper dressing.
I decided on using wilted arugula instead of fresh lettuce. In place of fresh tomatoes, I decided on sun-dried tomatoes.
Both added the flavors that I was looking for. For a dressing, I used roasted red peppers, tahini and vegan mayo. I have used the combination in a dip awhile back and loved it.
Sometimes being vegan and gluten free can be a pain in the keister. It can be hard to find good quality vegan gluten free bread products.
I don't find that to be the case with pasta. I have been using pasta made with lentils and quinoa. It is not only high in protein, but tastes great too. It keeps me full for hours because of its high protein content.
I have a black bean pasta that I have been meaning to try one of these days. I am not sure how it will look in a photo though. That is if I even use it for a recipe. Maybe I can pair it with something colorful so that it looks more appetizing.
Vegan BLT Pasta Salad
These vegan pasta salad is perfect for a potluck or BBQ because it can be served at room temperature.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here's the pasta I used to make the pasta salad. I love the taste of it.
Vegan BLT Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces Rotini pasta - I used a red lentil quinoa blend
- whole batch of Tofu Bacon chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil chopped
- 4 cups arugula
- Salt and pepper
- Mix roasted red pepper sauce ingredients in a Nutribullet or food processor until creamy.
- Make pasta according to directions. Make sure to salt well. Let cool.
- When making the tofu bacon, add arugula at the very end of cooking time. Cook for a couple of minutes until wilted. Let cool. Cut tofu bacon into desired sized pieces.
- Add roasted red pepper sauce to pasta until mixed. Add chopped tofu bacon, sun-dried tomatoes, wilted arugula, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.