These easy no-bake Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars are sweet, salty, and savory! And made with only five ingredients!
Sweet, Salty, and Savory
Chocolate and peanut butter are my favorite go-to dessert combination. I love the sweet, salty, and savory flavors together. So making some chewy Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars was a no-brainer. These vegan gluten free bars are quickly becoming my new favorite treat. They are extremely addictive!
Since I usually go on a couple of road trips during the Summer, I will be making a large batch of these to take with me. They will have to be stored in the cooler (instead of my purse where I would like to have them), because they melt easily.
These no-bake bars are really easy to make. They literally come together in minutes. It’s just waiting for them to set in the fridge that’s the hard part.
It takes only a minute for the peanut butter mixture to melt. Then you pour that over the rolled oats and add in chocolate chunks or chips. The mixture gets spread out on a plastic wrap lined pan and it goes in the fridge.
The pinch of salt makes all the difference in the world. It brings out the sweetness of the chocolate and maple syrup, and creates a nice balance of flavors.
Definitely a Dessert
I’ve included this recipe in my dessert category because that’s how I eat them – for dessert. I see them as I see many “protein bars” that are on the shelves in supermarkets, like glorified candy bars, because they contain so much sugar that it takes over the bars ingredients.
If I were to create a healthy granola bar to eat for breakfast, I wouldn’t include this much chocolate or maple syrup. I would also add in some nuts, seeds, and dried fruit.
With that said, these are much healthier than many of the candy bars on the shelves, so you can feel a little better about eating them than some of those other bars.
Other Easy No-Bake Desserts You Might Like
These no-bake Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars are made with only five ingredients! Click To Tweet
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Makes 8 bars
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- Pinch salt
- Cook coconut oil, peanut butter, and maple syrup in a pan on medium-low heat until until peanut butter is melted, about 1 minute.
- Mix salt and rolled oats in a bowl. Add coconut oil, peanut butter, and maple syrup mixture. Add in chocolate chunks or chips, and mix well.
- Spread mixture into a plastic wrap lined rectangular baking dish or other rectangular container. Press down on mixture to pack it in. Refrigerate.
- Once solid, pull up on plastic wrap to lift bars out. With a sharp knife, slice into bars. Store in refrigerator.