These mini Vegan Meatball Sliders are perfect for a party! They taste like pizza, but in meatball form!
I was inspired to make these Vegan Meatball Sliders because I've been having fun creating recipes using Pamela's gluten free pizza mix lately. A couple of the recipes that I've made using the mix are Vegan Calzones and bread for Vegan BLATs.
Since I knew the mix worked well for bread I thought I'd do something small this time and make mini sliders. I also had a plan for marinara sauce, so I decided to work on both recipes the same week.
Having a theme for the week is one of my favorite ways to create recipes. It's more efficient than working on different recipes throughout the week.
I used kidney beans because I had a can in my pantry that needed using. I originally bought them for a chili recipe, but then decided I didn't want kidney beans in my chili after all. They are not one of my favorite beans, so mixing them into vegan meatballs seemed like a logical choice.
Making vegan meatballs is similar to veggie burgers. It's all about making a consistency that will stay together.
I added gluten free rolled oats and almond flour as a binder. I have been told the vegan meatballs taste like pizza, probably because they have basil, oregano, and tomato paste.These mini Vegan Meatball Sliders are perfect for a party! They taste like pizza, but in meatball form! Click To Tweet
Vegan Meatball Sliders
These cute little vegan sliders may be small, but they are big on flavor!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I used Pamela's pizza mix to make the buns. If you're vegan and gluten free like me, you're going to want to check it out. It's got a wonderful yeasty flavor.
Vegan Meatball Sliders
- mini slider buns - I used Pamela's pizza mix to make mine
- marinara sauce
- basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pour olive oil in a hot pan and cook onion on medium high heat until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Grind rolled oats until they are a fine powder in a food processor.
- To the oats, add onions, garlic, tomato paste, kidney beans, almond flour, basil, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Form the mixture into 1 ½" balls. Bake on an oiled sheet at 350°, for 40-45 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Cut each mini slider bun in half. Toast the rolls in a toaster oven or bake on a baking sheet for several minutes at 350°.
- Assemble the sliders by placing a basil leaf, a vegan meatball, and a spoonful of marinara on the bottom bun. Add the top bun, secure with a toothpick, and serve.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.