This classic brunch meal is loaded with vegetables and a kick from serrano pepper. Tofu Frittata is a hearty meal the whole family will love!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped red pepper 1 red pepper
- 14 oz. block firm tofu
- 1 1/2 tablespoon low sodium gluten free tamari
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped serrano pepper 1/2 of a serrano
- ½ cup shredded vegan cheddar - I used Follow Your Heart Vegan Cheddar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices tomato (optional)
- Coconut oil spray (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°.
Steam the chopped broccoli, carrots, and red pepper until tender. Once the vegetables are cool, pulse in a food processor to get a fine consistency. Set aside.
Mix tofu, tamari, chopped serrano pepper, vegan cheddar, salt and pepper in a food processor.
In a bowl, mix the tofu mixture and the steamed vegetables together.
You can spray coconut oil in a casserole dish to grease the pan, but I have found it isn't necessary. Spread out tofu and vegetable mix. Top with tomato slices, if using.
Bake at 350° for 40 minutes and serve.
Variations and additions
- Add vegan cheddar shredded on top.
- Use vegan nacho cheddar instead of vegan cheddar - this adds even more spice.
- Try other vegetables like mushrooms, spinach, and tomatoes - just keep in mind the water content and amounts of each, because it can change the consistency of your dish.
- Serve with vegan sour cream, sliced avocado, or guacamole to cool the palate.
Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 494mg | Potassium: 385mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 8100IU | Vitamin C: 107.3mg | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 1.8mg