Garden Vegetable Soup
This healthy Garden Vegetable Soup is packed with veggies and flavor. It makes a great side dish or light lunch.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped zucchini 1 small
- ½ cup chopped celery 1 stalk
- 1 ½ cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups chopped tomatoes or canned
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup nutritional yeast optional
Heat the oil over medium high heat, and sauté onions until translucent.
Add vegetables (not tomatoes yet), garlic, thyme, sage, salt, and pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
Add broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook until tomatoes are tender.
Stir in vinegar. Top with nutritional yeast, if desired, and serve.
Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 874mg | Potassium: 339mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2220IU | Vitamin C: 21.6mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 0.9mg