Black Bean and Corn Chili
This healthy Black Bean and Corn Chili is a hearty meal. Made with butternut squash puree and fire roasted tomatoes.
Servings 7 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 red pepper, chopped (1 ¼ cups)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 15 ounces black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 14.5 ounces fire roasted tomatoes with green chiles
- 15 ounces butternut squash puree
- 16 ounces fire roasted tomato salsa
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon Mexican oregano crushed
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
Add olive oil to a hot pan. Add chopped onion and cook on medium heat until translucent.
Add garlic and cook 30 seconds longer. Add chopped red pepper. Cook until crisp tender.
Add black beans, corn, fire roasted tomatoes, butternut squash puree, salsa, and spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes so that mixture thickens.
Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 695mg | Potassium: 730mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 7895IU | Vitamin C: 38.9mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 2.8mg